[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

[Kicking start Singapore Biennale 2008]
Tomorrow evening, one of the important foundations of Singapore Biennale 2008 will be laid. In an email invite, I labelled it a prelude to the actual opening night on 11 September.

Earlier this week, almost all of the biennale staff went to the Central Promontory Site near One Raffles Quay for a site reccee.



It was breezy and the majestic towers of The Sail (it is a new condominium in the business area) overlooked the grass patch that we stood on. Something is brewing along the water banks.



Trying to be artistic, I decided to do a shot comparing our group with the nearby buildings. The site offers a panorama of the area along the Esplanade.



So what's the fuss about the Central Promontory Site? More that what meets the eye. The Central Promontory Site will house a structure called the Containart Pavillion. Made up of 150 shipping containers and cardboard rolls, this manificent artwork by Shigeru Ban will host some of the more expensive artworks from international artists around the world. This site-specific pavillion was specially customised for Singapore.



I shall not spoil the fun by naming all the works. However, what I will say is that information on the artists and their displayed works would be revealed at our groundbreaking event tomorrow. I am feeling excited about that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home