[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, July 27, 2008

[St Anne Feast Day]
I arrived just before Archbishop Nicholas Chia for the 11am Mass and so got to be part of the receiving party. The church and the church grounds were packed. The altar was full of beautiful flowers. The last prayer to St Anne was said in Teochew, which is the tradition. We also prayed for Fr James Yeo's brother, Fr Lawrence Yeo, who is suffering from terminal cancer.





Food was an important part of the celebration. My cousin, Nancy, told me that some 12,000 sticks of satay were roasted. I ate char kuay teow, mee siam and poh piah which were all excellent. By the time I left after 1am, much of the food had been sold.

St Anne is not just a parish. It is a community which extends beyond the parish, a big family. On the feast day, those with roots in the Hougang/Punggol area come back to their origin.



Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home