[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

[Almost there]
Earlier this month, I blogged about the Containart Pavilion by Japanese artist Shigeru Ban. Very soon, the pavilion will be complete and artists will be swinging by to do up their works.



The progress of the Containart Pavilion, though slightly delayed, is on track. The final portion of the roof and the foyer will be completed soon. At least, we are way in advance for the opening on 11 September. I'm looking forward to catch the installation part and soak in the chaotic and intense atmosphere.



There has been a lot of behind the scenes planning for this as well as the countless site visits, meetings, discussions, negotiations and aruguments. The result is this magnificent IKEA blue coloured structure (as playwright Ng Yi-Sheng describes).





Hang in there. It's gonna be less than a month till the exhibition opens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home