[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, August 10, 2008

[NDP at Bedok Reservoir]
With our own floating stage, our NDP at Bedok Reservoir in the morning was a miniature of the real one at Marina Bay in the evening. Nothing elaborate, just a few performances, flag raising, pledge taking and cake cutting. But ... and this takes the cake, we had our own sailpast and helicopeter flypast! It was a pleasant surprise for me. Ben Chew, the Chairman of the Organising Committee, had kept it a closely guarded secret.









The model helicopter not only undertowed a weighted Singapore flag, it flew forwards, then backwards. That was one cute performance.



Bedok Reservoir is becoming more lively. In time, it will become the centre of suburban life in the area. At the other end, we now have our own dragonboat house.











Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Minister Mr Yeo,
Bernard Leong's here again, back from the States for 3 weeks now. I also had the opportunity to attend NDP 2008 for the first time in my life as a spectator, thanks to my mom who got the tickets for me and my uncle.
Really a big home-coming experience for me - a returned Singaporean. Just want to say, happy birthday to all Singaporeans ! Hmm hope to see you and Ephraim soon in some gathering, if organize another meeting again.

Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:46:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home