[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, August 21, 2008

[NDP08 Celebrations Concert 'Come Together']
The concert last Friday at Marina Bay attracted a crowd of almost 10,000. It was organised by the Family Life Centre which has done very good work in Singapore. I was particularly touched by the work they do for families of prisoners.

It was a pleasant evening with songs by the Beatles and other oldies. Tan Soo Khoon sang Elvis Presley while playing the guitar. He told me later that he was nervous but he looked pretty professional on stage to me. Anita Sarawak put in a wonderful performance early in the evening and received loud applause. My wife and I met her earlier before the show started and were surprised by her youthfulness and high energy.



Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home