[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, August 15, 2008

[Three Cheers for Our Table Tennis Team]
Hurray! Our women's team has gotten into the Olympics finals. I hope they strike gold. At my recent meetings with Chinese Foreign Minister Yang, he would always talk about our women table tennis team when we discuss the Olympics. When I mention our reliance on Chinese talent, he would say, 'but it is the Singapore system'. It is a polite exchange but I thought to myself that our table tennis team must have been included in his background brief.



The finals would be taking place during PM's National Day Rally. I hope there'll be some form of live coverage so that we don't have to be peering at our handphones from time to time.




Photo credit: Team Singapore

Do also read my posts on Beyond SG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home