[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

[From Singapore Biennale to Singapore Grand Prix]
Two duties out of six have been completed for Singapore Biennale 2008. And no more duties for this month.

But, I'll be moving on the Singapore Grand Prix (also known as Formula One if you didn't know what it meant). It's been great fun - training for many weeks and meeting new friends. I guess that is the fun part of volunteering.

Every group has a sector marshal that is from CAMS (a motorsport federation) in Australia. Well, my sector marshal attests that F1 is safer than horseriding. Can you believe that? From Thursday onwards, I will be stationed at my sector - the Start Line of the F1 race. From the mini shakedown (some sort of familiarisation programme), the view from my side will be exciting. The cars will all lineup right in front before they get flagged off.

Pretty cool eh? A flag marshal from my sector quips that we have front row seats. I think the most important thing is for us to do out duties well and execute the necessary actions.

Gear up for the F1 race. Cool stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home