[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

[This is my exact location at F1]
I received this photo in the mailbox today and I felt that I should share it here.

This is my exact position for the whole duration of the F1 race - last Thursday to Sunday.

I was a communications observer for the Start Line team. It is very different from the rest of the other flag points because our stretch is a straight road about 300 meters and the team comprising our sector marshal, deputy sector marshal, track marshals, flag marshals, recovery personnel, fire marshals and communications observers were split out.

My sub-team (that you see below) had five flag marshals and two communications observers and we had a whole lot of fun.



Immediately behind us is the pit lane. No guesses for how close the cars are to us. You can judge by looking at the photo. If you turn around, you can see the guys at the garages doing their stuff.

During the race, every single driver that goes into the pit lane will pass this spot. That should give a sense of the excitement and pressure at my position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home