[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, October 20, 2008

[Emergency Preparedness]
Last Sunday's emergency preparedness day between Blk 526 and 527 at Hougang Ave 10 was an interesting experience for me. I got to ride in the special CD vehicle and got hoisted up a rescue crane to a great height. Many residents waved from their flats, amused to see me peering into their units from mid-air.





Our Home Team does a wonderful job preparing Singaporeans for all kinds of emergencies. Of course no emergency will be exactly like the one we plan for but we are less likely to panic as a result. A number of residents felt reassured that they can be rescued from high floors in the event of fire.





Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home