[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, November 14, 2008

[Lift Upgrading at Blks 520-525, 530-533 at Hougang Ave 6]
I launched the lift upgrading programme on Friday evening after giving the cheque to Mercy Relief for the Yemen flood victims. It is important for affected residents to give full support because we need a super-majority of 75% for each block. Straw polls earlier had shown Blk 522 residents to be less enthusiastic. I had visited some of them last week and decided to visit a second round to speak to residents that I had missed the last time. The response was generally positive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It would be a great pity if there was not enough support because, with an ageing population, lift upgrading is a necessity.





Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home