[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, December 26, 2008

[Break]
I decided to make this holiday break different from the rest of my other holidays. Instead of the hectic and planned schedule, I decided on something that is quite random - a road trip - where I just go to a different country and wander aimlessly. So I took a day off to go to Kuala Lumpur on the KTM train.

Life has indeed been hectic for me. 2008 has been a great year. But having said that, it means getting caught in the cycle of work. The start of the year kicked off with a new semester. Then immediately after the final exams I interned at the National Arts Council. The term of work was extended twice. By then it was time to go back to school for another hectic term. And now I am back at work again. It has been a gruelling cycle - study, work, study, work.

Luckily, my one day trip has helped me recharge a little.

Disappointment, doubt, distress and depression - the four dark sides that mankind fears. At City Harvest church's Christmas Day service, that was the four 'Ds' that Pastor Kong Hee shared about in his short sermon. But not all is lost because Christ came to the world through virgin Mary to save us.

I usually do not attend service at my usual church during the Christmas season. It is a different experience to see and join in the activities that other churches organise other than your own. And City Harvest is one awesome place - it is as though you are attending a concert of sorts. The lights, the impeccable sound system and the big crowd. It's a good place to lose yourself and fall in love with church again.

I must say I was deeply touched by what had happened this afternoon. It was an experience that blew me off my feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home