[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, December 15, 2008

[Debate on new media]
Since I am a new media advocate here's something that I think will interest people who blog or use new media. And that includes almost all youths out there. And some from Gen W (the generation before Gen X and Gen Y).



You can tap on MP Irene Ng's background of being in mainstream media (she was in SPH most of the time of her career) and could be speaking on the challenges of new media. Ditto for Mr Cheong Yip Seng who is also on the Advisory Council on the Impact of New Media on Society.

If you ask me, new media is a boon. Technology makes things better but one needs to know how to deal with it. More often than not, the law lags behind as technology advances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home