[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, December 21, 2008

[School Books Recycling]
Gay Chee's Harmony RC organised a very successful school book project last Saturday. Thousands of old school books were donated, sorted out and made available to families which needed them. Obsolete books were put aside. A few sponsors donated some new books as well.





With the economic situation getting worse, we should do all we can to help one another. I've asked RC members to keep an eye out for families which are in trouble. Some are too proud to ask for help, which says a lot about their sense of dignity. But we must extend helping hands to those in need so that we can all pull through this crisis together. I was moved by this spirit of gotong-royong at the school book event. We had Sec 2 and 3 students from Bowen Secondary helping out as well.



Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home