[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, December 19, 2008

[Ustaz Haji Marzuki Abu]
Every year during Ramadan, Muslims at Bedok Reservoir Rise RC would meet in the evening at the void deck of Blk 707 to pray. Ustaz Hj Marzuki has led the prayers all these years. I would visit them on one evening after prayers, present some dates from the RC, sit on the mat next to Hj Marzuki and exchange views. Usually I would talk about some of my foreign visits. The session would always end with a prayer by Hj Marzuki for me.



Although I noticed that Hj Marzuki had become frail in the last two years, it was still a shock for me to receive an SMS from Hussein Bapputy on Wednesday night telling me that he had passed away at Changi Hospital. With Woon, the RC Chairman, I visited the wife and son at their flat the following morning to express my condolences. He was a good man and a leader of the local Muslim community.





Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home