[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

[Meeting the Aga Khan in Paris]
I was hosted to lunch at the Aga Khan's residence on the Isle de la Cite in the River Seine. It is a charming old property located on the same island as the Notre Dame Cathedral. Our conversation followed on our last meeting in Singapore last December. The Aga Khan has since decided to establish an Ismaili base in Singapore for his Foundation's work. I welcomed it and promised to facilitate its materialisation. There are a number of areas where Singapore and the Aga Khan Foundation can work together to develop capacity in developing countries. He thanked Singapore for our dental team's contribution to the government hospital in Bamiyan, Afghanistan, which is funded by the Aga Khan Foundation.







Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this Dinner at a restaurant in France?

Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:14:00 am

 
Blogger Ephraim Loy 黎传志 said...

I think it was at the Aga Khan's residence.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:17:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home