[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, January 18, 2009

[Production]
I had a long day so I couldn't blog last night. I was too tired after a long day at the School of Art, Design and Media at Nanyang Technological University.

The design of the building is really unique especially the glass facade. It reflects everything around to the extent of creating an illusion.



I was in one of the studios there behind the scenes of a short film production - some eight hours. The rest had been there since 8am in the morning.

It is not easy to make a short film because there are so many factors that have to be controlled in one take - sound, camera framing, the actor's lines, lighting, positioning, facial expressions, shadows and the list goes on. A perfect take is the epitome of good teamwork.

A film reviewer watches a film and puts a star-rating on it. But how much effort did the production team go through? It is so easy to criticise a film void of all the hard work that has been put in. However, that is the job of the reviewer.

Hopefully this upcoming short film will be intriguing - the story pushes the boundaries. I think it can and hope it would receive rave reviews from beyond our shores.

No details on the short film yet because I am unable to say too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home