[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, January 15, 2009

[Seng Han Thong]
I visited Seng Han Thong at SGH yesterday. He was in good spirits, nodding his head and gesturing with his thickly bandanged right hand when I greeted him through a glass window. His wife said that the swelling had improved although it still looked pretty bad to me.

It was a calculated vicious attack for which there can be no possible justification. To burn someone deliberately in this manner is cruel and wicked. Reading some of the comments on the Internet justifying the action and minimizing Han Thong's injury makes me sick.

Mr Aw who tried to help him was also burnt but not as badly. He smiled broadly when I waved to him, showing me the affected parts. He is an old warrior who will doubtless soldier on when he is well again.

I don't know how long Han Thong will take to recover fully. It will take time because the burns affected various parts of his head and body. Good thing we have good doctors and nurses. Han Thong is a stout-hearted leader with a great fighting spirit and will pull through. Let us pray for him and cheer him on!

Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can I link your blog onto my blog?

Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:46:00 pm

 
Blogger Ephraim Loy 黎传志 said...

Sure you can.

Friday, January 16, 2009 12:39:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home