[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, January 23, 2009

[When the city comes alive]
I was at a volunteer briefing for City Alive! this evening and was conveniently arrowed the position of Sector D Volunteer Manager. Not that I am complaining though. It's my first time being part of Chingay (City Alive! is held in conjunction with the annual Chingay Parade for the uninitiated) after some miscommunication in the volunteer arrangements last year. And it will be better organised this year according to the organisers.

According to the organisers, City Alive! promises to be the biggest and funkiest street dance party in Singapore. It will unite thousands of party revellers and music enthusiasts from around the world (from Japan and the United Kingdom) at the entire street in front of City Hall which will transform into a mega dance floor. The last time I partied at City Hall front was in February last year after Singapore won the bid to host the First Youth Olympic Games.

There would be DJs on open top buses to add to the adrenaline rush as the city comes alive. Funkamania, a hip hop dance extravaganza will take place "live" as well. Also catch DJ Sassy Pandez, DJ Sarasa, Singapore’s very own DJ KoFlow, and Celebrity Dance Choreographers from Hong Kong in action.

Adding to the atmosphere will be a host of fringe activities such as Strike Force Percussion, Mega Stilt Walkers, Dance Ambassadors and Party Mascots. These activities can be found at my sector, Sector D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home