[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, February 02, 2009

[City Alive!]
I was supposed to help out for the post-Chingay party last year but was pulled out at the last minute. You know it's the feeling of wanting to do something but not being able to. I was disappointed but I could do nothing about it.

So I was really looking forward to this year's edition.



This year, the DJs had a grand entrance on a Hippo bus. I tried to convince a committee two year's back with something similar but to no avail. I guess such grandeur sticks only with major events like Chingay. Someone's got to change that mindset.



You know why? Because good ideas never fail to get implemented. And if you do not implement a good idea others will do it and may even improve it to make it an even better idea.



Perhaps it was the disappointment of not being part of the party last year that made me get to visit many areas this year. I tell you, it was one great party - especially if you are a VIP. When you are a VIP, this is what you see - lots of cool party people dancing to the beat. This is where VIPs get to mingle and people watch.



In between my crowd control duties, I was also allowed to get on the Hippo buses. But that's not all.



I also managed to get onto the DJ bus. And here's DJ KoFlow. I missed the other two hot female DJs as I was tied up with other security duties earlier.



But nonetheless, I still managed to get up close with some hot people. This is a policewoman on stilts having fun with the crowd.



There's also the bunny girl. The girls who were at my sector were so excited to take photos so I joined in too.



But not everything was fun and games. There were complaints too. Some people told us time and time again that there was a lack of toilets at our sector. True enough because the nearest toilets were at the other end near sector B. It's a long walk from my side.

And I have some feedback regarding the flow and movement of people. I feel that the flow could have been managed better. If only someone was listening.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fact remains u pulled out last yr..u loser and chee hong..if only last yr there were bunnies..

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 4:05:00 am

 
Blogger Ephraim Loy 黎传志 said...

In fact I did not pull out. The organisers felt that I would be too busy with other stuff and decided to exclude me. Sigh.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009 11:39:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home