[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

[Seng Han Thong incident]
I watched Slumdog Millionaire today. But before the movie, here's the million dollar question with regard to Seng Han Thong. It sort of follows the strain from the new media conference that I attended on Saturday.

Why was there a lack of response towards the remarks made against Yio Chu Kang MP Seng Han Thong?
A. The people closest to him are grassroots leaders who knew him but were not net savvy enough to reply
B. People who had nice things to say could not rebut the negative remarks as they did not know where the comments were
C. Those who wanted to reply could not rebut because they were prevented from rebutting
D. Those who left comments were telling the truth

I do not know the answer to that. And the question needs an answer so that we'll all know what went wrong and where it went wrong.

And I must say Slumdog Millionaire deserves to win so many Oscars!

I am impressed about how the duration of one game show could bring back so many memories. It is also important to note that incidents in life leave deep impressions on people.

One aspect that I really loved was the angles and the scenes that were used in the story. The aerial shots were awesome.

Come Wednesday, I'll catch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. That should be another great movie to catch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home