[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, February 01, 2009

[What I have been up to]
I woke up slightly before noon today after many drinks at the post-Chingay party City Alive! last night. Though I was there to do crowd control, there was also a slight element of partying involved.

Over the week, I managed to sneak some time to visit the National Museum's latest exhibition, Come-in, which borders around interior design and art. One piece that I feel has socio-political art elements is the security turnstile. Since it was a brief visit, I'll go again when I can sneak some time.



Theatre class is fun. It is fun because we get to direct our own play which will be presented in class next week. My group is doing our version of a local play. It is about relationships and society although I must say many plays are about relationships and society. In fact maybe all.

I'm also involved in the World Wide Rave project as part of my Digital Media in Asia module. Put simply, it is worldwide publicity generated by ordinary individuals such as bloggers. And what bloggers like me are doing is that we create our own user-generated content to publicise the launch of World Wide Rave, a marketing and PR book by David Meerman Scott.



And finally, next week will be the last week that you can catch the SMU Visual Art Exhibition. My collaborative installation work with Kai Lam called "Sticks and strings and plastic bags too. Is it wind or air?" will be on display till February 7.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Meerman Scott said...

Great World Wide Rave photo. Can you tell me more about it? Thanks, David

Sunday, February 01, 2009 7:11:00 pm

 
Blogger Ephraim Loy 黎传志 said...

The sculpture was part of Singapore's National Museum and was moved to its current location which is now the Singapore Art Museum. The Singapore Art Museum is dedicated to Asian art.

I am unable to find which artist created the work at the moment.

Monday, February 02, 2009 2:08:00 am

 
Blogger Ephraim Loy 黎传志 said...

The artist is called Ju Ming and the work is a fusion of East and West art.

Friday, February 13, 2009 4:45:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home