[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, March 09, 2009

[Is it election time yet?]
There has been a lot of talk about elections in the media. While some expect it to happen this year, there are others who feel that the economy should be utmost concern.

Earlier, I had quelled rumours of early elections. I still feel there are insufficient signals. The Prime Minister is still keeping mum about any impending elections.

If it is to be believed that there would be elections this year, the earliest would be after April 30 for reasons that are obvious. Speculation has thrown up September as a likely time.

My question is: Do you think the economy will be better over the next months? What would be the fear that would cause a snap poll?

These are some things to ponder before the announcement is made.

And when it is made, the anticipation would be on how the boundaries are redrawn. That is if they would be redrawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home