[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Thursday, March 26, 2009

[Official Visit to Russia]
1 Singapore's relations with Russia are growing. SIA now mounts daily flights to Moscow. The Russian community in Singapore is some 2000 strong now. To serve their spiritual needs, a Russian Orthodox parish has been created. When I called on Patriarch Kirill, he expressed interest in building a church in Singapore which I hope will come complete with golden cupolas.




Call on Patriarch Kirill

2 FM Sergey Lavrov and I had good discussions on how to take relations to a higher level. In November this year, President Medvedev will be making a bilateral visit to Singapore back to back with the APEC Economic Leaders meeting. An Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreement has been negotiated. Other agreements are being negotiated.




Meeting with Russian FM Sergey Lavrov

3 Although the economic downturn will slow things down, the long-term prospects are good. Russia is a huge country with rich natural resources and a talented people. The Singapore brand name enjoys a certain reputation in the country.


Lunch with Russian Businessmen


Wreath-Laying Ceremony at Tomb of Unknown Soldier




Observing silence

Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home