[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Friday, March 06, 2009

[On the train to China]
I love trains. And one day, I hope I can travel to China from Singapore. It is not something that is impossible.

I was reading about the first Thailand-Laos rail link today in The Straits Times. Having tried to travel by train from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur in December, I am game to go a little further - to Thailand first. It was a long ride of about seven to eight hours but still enjoyable for the budget conscious.

Within the mainland areas of South East Asia, there are some disconnects too. There are no links Myanmar, Thailand to Cambodia and Vietnam.

Going beyond South East Asia, an ever greater dream awaits - the dream towards a pan-Asian railway. Travelling to Turkey, Russia and South Korea by rail may eventually become a reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home