[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, March 08, 2009

[SMU Open House]
The crowd at the SMU Open House yesterday was awesome.

I was there for my mid-terms and promised to drop by to help. And there I was from 2pm till it ended at 6pm. And thanks to Sharon for the awesome photos (more on Facebook).


Photo credit: Sharon Neo

A majority that I spoke to were junior college students, considering that the A Level exam results were just released on Friday. I made it a point also to ask them whether they were from JC or Poly in order to explain the admission criteria which suited them.

One of the prospective students came up to me and asked if I was a lecturer or student. I asked the student to guess.


Photo credit: Sharon Neo

It's the first time that I have been involved in the SMU Open House. Last year I helped out at the Social Science Tea Session (which should be happening anytime soon before applications close). But sadly, this would be my last time being involved as I am likely to complete my studies by the end of the year.

There's no ruling out the possibility that I could go back as an alumni though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home