[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Saturday, March 28, 2009

[Visit to the UK]
Singapore's relations with the UK are excellent. In my meetings with Foreign Secretary David Miliband and FCO Min of State Lord Malloch-Brown, we reviewed our bilateral relations and discussed the G20 meeting, Russia, Kosovo and Myanmar.




Meeting with Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, David Miliband


Lunch hosted by Minister of State at the FCO, Lord Malloch-Brown

On Thursday, I had a good session at Chatham House and visited the interesting Shah Abbas exhibition at the British Museum.

On Friday, I went up to Cambridge to give a lecture in conjunction with the University's 800th anniversary and met Singapore/Malaysian students over tea. On Saturday, I'll be hosted to lunch by the Master of Christ's College. Flying back to Singapore after that.


Meeting with Shadow Secretary for Foreign Affairs, William Hague


Meeting with Minister for Trade, Development and Consumer Affairs, Gareth Price


Dinner hosted by Lord Powell of Bayswater

Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home