[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

[Visit to Quang Nam Province]
From Danang, I did a day trip to the heritage sites of My Son and Hoi Ann. My Son is an important site of the old Champa. Hoi Ann is old port city which still has a sizeable Chinese population. There are still clan associations for the Hokkiens, Teochews, Cantonese, Hainanese and Hakkas. It also had a Japanese settlement once which was closed when the Tokugawas turned inwards.


Visit to My Son Sanctuary




Lunch with Party Secretary of Quang Nam Province People's Committee Nguyen
Duc Hai and Chairman of Quang Nam Province People's Committee Le Minh An








Visit to Hoi Ann










Leaders of Hokkien Clan Association







Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home