[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Monday, June 29, 2009

[Being Visited By My MP Abdullah Tarmugi]
I was in the toilet shaving on Sunday morning when my wife exclaimed that our MP was outside! Although there was a sign posted at the T-junction in the last few days that MP Abdullah Tarmugi was visiting the estate, I had forgotten about it. Wiping off the shaving cream on my face quickly, I put on my shorts and T-shirt and rushed down to greet him and his grassroots leaders. I'm used to visiting my own voters in Aljunied GRC but being visited by my own MP was a different experience. My wife wanted them to come into the house but I told her that we should not detain them too long because they still had many houses to visit. But there was time enough to serve glasses of ribena and to take pictures. I assured my MP that all was well in our estate and thanked him and his good people for a job well done.





Do read my posts on Beyond SG and link up on Facebook if you have an account

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How charmingly ironic! Haha.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 12:54:00 pm

 
Blogger Tiberius said...

hmmz..must has been abit odd to have the Speaker of the House visiting you in the morning! =)

Thursday, July 09, 2009 12:03:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home