[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Saturday, July 25, 2009

[ASEAN Meetings (Part III)]
High points in the last two days were the US accession to ASEAN's Treaty of Amity and Cooperation and discussions about Myanmar and North Korea (DPRK). On Myanmar, the tone of the US and Europe has changed but the call on Myanmar to release Aung San Suu Kyi was unanimous. I talked about the importance of continuing economic engagement. On DPRK, everyone condemned the nuclear test and urged North Korea to return to the Six Party Talks.


ASEAN Plus Three FMs Plenary and EAS FMs Informal Consultations






Post Ministerial Conferences






Bilateral Meetings




US's Accession to the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation Signing Ceremony








ASEAN Regional Forum Gala Dinner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home