[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

[14th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Women Leaders Network Meeting]
I was very privileged to be invited to attend the 14th Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Women Leaders Network Meeting or APEC WLN in short. Today was the first of the two-day meetings which involved members of the 21 APEC economies and three non-APEC countries were in attendance as well. The two Plenary Sessions were enjoyable. It reflected what the women believe strongly in and how far they would go to bring forward a women's perspective.

One tongue-in-cheek quote that Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in his speech during the opening ceremony was this: "Manpower not fully exploited is women power."

It was a great experience rubbing shoulders with Ministers from all over the 21 economies and an interesting day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home