[About this blog] Inspired by local soccer player Mike Lim during my rookie reporter days at Singapore Polytechnic, I set up this blog in August 2002. I feel that blogging is a novel platform to document interesting facets of my life and my thoughts on certain issues. [Email blogger] ephraim@singnet.com.sg

Sunday, July 17, 2011

[Scaling heights at NDP]
I was priviliged to take a behind-the-scenes peek into one segment of the Dynamic Defence Display for this year's National Day Parade - one that is not for the faint hearted.

This requires the scaling of heights. In fact these guardsmen will be rappelling down some five storeys of The Cube.

The guardsmen

Before the stunt begins, the ropes have to be prepared. Two other guardsmen help the quartet with that.


The guardsmen do it best because rappelling is part and parcel of their training. At the sound of the cue they compose themselves and negotiate their moves swiftly.


Guardsmen rappelling down The Cube

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home